It's Halloween, Charlie Brown!


This may be the first Halloween that I sported a costume with which I could relate. I always felt to sympathize with Charlie Brown - for one thing, we both made the National Spelling Bee, although my head didn't pop off a screen when I was eliminated.


But this also was the simplest costume I'd ever sported. All it took was a cheap yellow T-shirt drawn on with black marker, black shorts and black socks with brown shoes. Very simple and very fun! Plus, it wasn't too extravagant so I decided to wear it to work.


And while at work, where we listen to lots of music throughout the day, my co-worker played the "Peanuts Theme." One thing that' s burned in my mind from watching many Peanuts cartoons over the years was the way they danced. Although I'm not a crudely animated figure, I certainly can dance like one!


Later that night, we handed out candy to other trick-or-treaters. The highlight of the night had to be when a very young boy came to the door dressed as a pimp. I wish I'd taken a picture but he was definitely "All about the Benjamins" as his coat and hat sported a pattern of $100 bills. He also had two huge rings on his finger. No cane or platform shoes, though.


It was a fun holiday and we saw many cute costumes. I also think this day helps keep dentists in business with all the candy handed out. But after it all, any Halloween for me is a success when I get to enjoy a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and I did :)


Good Grief!

Comments

Elle said…
Yeah!! You posted again! You made my day. Where was Peppermint Patty?
Rob, I'm really sad we didn't see the video of you dancing. Honestly. It sounds like a crowd pleaser.
Lv
M
Melissa said…
Adam loves Halloween and it looks like you have the right spirit also. Thanks for making out night great!! Cindy, where is your costume? Love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17