Beautiful Day in the City by the Bay






"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." And we did. That is the marvelous Golden Gate bridge going in to San Francisco. It was an amazing view of the bay in the morning. If I lived there I'd try to run up that hill to enjoy the view every day.











This is us after we escaped from Alcatraz. See, it's not that far! Plus we were dressed warm so the swim wasn't bad.












Sometimes life tosses you like a boat on a turbulent sea. Everyone needs a strong anchor to stay steady amid the storms we all face. (First cheesy morality caption, prepare for more)













My goodness, now that we've escaped from The Rock and dropped anchor, however will we make it up this steep hill?































Ahh, that's how, the trusty trolley! Break out the Rice-a-Roni (do they
still make that stuff?)




























Phew! We made it. I'll add that the trolley conductor stepped off to sell a ticket to someone and his driver teammate took off without him. Basically it left the trolley without a rear-brake operator as we were about to go down one of the steepest declines in the country. We're grateful to be alive today.













The seismically safe Transamerica building symbolizes the pinnacle of our victorious ride to the top. Imagine it's a giant index finger pointing to the sky letting the world know "We're number one!"

Comments

Elle said…
Wow! The pictures were beautiful! What a neat place to live. I'm glad you guys got some sight seeing in!
As for rice-a-roni, what do you mean do they still make it? I'll make you some.
I loved the pics!
Lv
M
papa and mama T said…
Love the pictures of San Francisco. Now we have a new place to go.
Love Mom and Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17