A lot of dirt!

In the two years I've owned this home, I've dreamed of having grass cover the front and side yards. When I moved in, I didn't really believe that someday this dream would come true; however, with Rob's encouragement and his willingness to work - we're making the dream come true. Rob and I are happily sharing the house and truly enjoying making it our home. 
This weekend our first steps to re-sod the yard began. We collaborated with neighbors and rented a skeedster to tear up the weeds (killed with poison the previous week), till the ground, and establish a new grade for the lawn. 
A good friend, Luke, agreed to help us with this endeavor and does a fantastic job on landscaping. He taught Rob how to use the skeedster, tried to get me to use it (it was way complicated, and I was so nervous of hitting something - however, it doesn't likely go more than 5 mph), and showed some of the neighbors how to operate it. I admit, I was nervous when the equipment was near the house, but it was great to see the neighborhood come together. 
The pictures tell the fascinating story of our method of destruction, so I'll let them do their part. I'll be sure to keep you updated on the updates (it may be 2-3 weeks, as we all broke more sprinklers than we figured we would. :))















(By the way, the garden is growing very well. I'll post updates on the team(s) soon.)

Comments

Elle said…
Wow! That's awesome. I think I would be stressed when it was by the house also. I bet you guys got some nice sun tans!
~M
Erin said…
We are also working on our landscaping. Someone is supposed to come put our lawn in, but that's as of June of last year and they still haven't arrived. We did put a lovely flower and shrub garden in the front, and Jesse and his Dad started work on our deck. Lots of work, but lots of fun. And Robert does NOT tan, he burns. I'm sure he was slathered up with sunscreen though!
Dean Family said…
That is so cool- I didn't know this was going on. I am so happy for you guys and what a great time you guys are having!! Love you tons and good luck!
MaryKate said…
I knew Robert was an expert at mowing the lawn, I never thought I'd see him actually tearing up the lawn and starting from scratch!
There is a tiny garden in front of my building, but I don't touch it because of my allergies; plus, I'm moving next week to a place with even less grass near it (meaning none).
Robert, did you know they make that zinc oxide sunscreen stuff with nano-technology now, so you don't have to walk around with that unstylish white nose!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17