Fumbled...
Although M has been progressively getting better at taking steps on his own, he has excelled at the stairs. He's done so well, in fact, I've figured it's okay to leave him 'mostly' unattended. Well, today was the day I stand corrected. M has had three playmates (6 yr old Emily, 5 yr old Aiden, and 3 yr old Ryan) around the house lately and has been trying so hard to be big like them. With this in mind, M decided he could walk down the stairs. He stood tentatively at the top of the landing, feeling out the edge of the stair. I don't know if he was surprised, or if he seriously tried to do it, but he fumbled. Just like a football, he rolled down the stairs to land surprisingly on his bum/back. I rushed to his aid hoping to save him; alarming him more, but saving him from the nearby car seat.
M cried for a few moments and then relaxed. We watched him for awhile, checked his pupils, and called the Dr.'s office. The nurse declared, "I'm sure it will happen a time or two more." I took a deep breath and was grateful I have a short flight of stairs. Grateful he has a tough, little body and a friendly outlook on life.
The playmates have been fun and they've enjoyed playing with the "Giant BABY Monster" attacking their cities, towns, schools, and spaceships. I think he grew at least an inch tonight in his sleep. His teeth are coming in quickly now, and seem to be fairly painful. He sticks everything in his mouth, not to test it, feel it or anything, but to BITE it - and to bite it hard. He'll take to your toe if you're not careful.
It's so hard to believe the year mark is approaching. When I hold the newborn of my neighbor I can't help but reflect on how quickly the time passed. Compared to now, who knew this little guy would be such a big personality.
I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the blessing M is in my life. For his joy, laughter, and for his overall life. I often hold him tenderly, trying to express my gratitude to him and to my Heavenly Father. However, I am continually coming to feel this can only be done through love, nurture, and parenting; tough stuff, but I believe that's what love is made of.
I love this video and think of it often throughout my day.
M cried for a few moments and then relaxed. We watched him for awhile, checked his pupils, and called the Dr.'s office. The nurse declared, "I'm sure it will happen a time or two more." I took a deep breath and was grateful I have a short flight of stairs. Grateful he has a tough, little body and a friendly outlook on life.
The playmates have been fun and they've enjoyed playing with the "Giant BABY Monster" attacking their cities, towns, schools, and spaceships. I think he grew at least an inch tonight in his sleep. His teeth are coming in quickly now, and seem to be fairly painful. He sticks everything in his mouth, not to test it, feel it or anything, but to BITE it - and to bite it hard. He'll take to your toe if you're not careful.
It's so hard to believe the year mark is approaching. When I hold the newborn of my neighbor I can't help but reflect on how quickly the time passed. Compared to now, who knew this little guy would be such a big personality.
I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the blessing M is in my life. For his joy, laughter, and for his overall life. I often hold him tenderly, trying to express my gratitude to him and to my Heavenly Father. However, I am continually coming to feel this can only be done through love, nurture, and parenting; tough stuff, but I believe that's what love is made of.
I love this video and think of it often throughout my day.
Comments