Quietly Crying
Although the post title sounds dramatic, it's exactly what I did last week when I went to check/eject my external backup so I could take the computer for a complete overhaul and nothing was in the backup drive. I called the company and quietly cried as my appointment opportunity slipped from my fingers. I know it's ridiculous, but I've really been looking forward to starting anew with the computer and being able to download photos and videos without hassle.
After 45 minutes on the phone and several diagnostic checks, we were able to get the external drive to work again and I quietly resigned to the fact that we'd have to do the overhaul this week. So, I don't yet have an appointment. I'm almost too nervous to make one, but I have a goal. Pictures will come - I promise. (I've already overloaded my Dropbox account, or I'd simply upload them there.)
Nonetheless, we've had a busy few days. On Saturday we went to the Warriors over Wasatch Air Show at the Hill Air Force Base. It was a great time and we missed the rain (for the most part). We really enjoyed the Red Eagles, but WOW the MiG Fury was incredible. The sound and speed was amazing for a plane that size. M also seemed to enjoy the Red Bull Jump Team as well as the Jumpers who brought in the flag from their airplane jump. But I think the greatest part of all was once we arrived home we were putting M down for a nap and he said, "Train, Fun" - yes, the train was the most fun of all. We rode the train to the base, took a shuttle to the base and were able to easily get in and out of the crowds. The train is a winner in our house.
Other things that have been keeping us busy include swimming at the rec center, playing, church meetings for Mom, going to the park, playing, and playing some more. It's been fun. I'm really looking forward to having the computer back to full service soon. Thank you for your patience. Videos and fun photos will be coming soon. Thank you!
After 45 minutes on the phone and several diagnostic checks, we were able to get the external drive to work again and I quietly resigned to the fact that we'd have to do the overhaul this week. So, I don't yet have an appointment. I'm almost too nervous to make one, but I have a goal. Pictures will come - I promise. (I've already overloaded my Dropbox account, or I'd simply upload them there.)
Nonetheless, we've had a busy few days. On Saturday we went to the Warriors over Wasatch Air Show at the Hill Air Force Base. It was a great time and we missed the rain (for the most part). We really enjoyed the Red Eagles, but WOW the MiG Fury was incredible. The sound and speed was amazing for a plane that size. M also seemed to enjoy the Red Bull Jump Team as well as the Jumpers who brought in the flag from their airplane jump. But I think the greatest part of all was once we arrived home we were putting M down for a nap and he said, "Train, Fun" - yes, the train was the most fun of all. We rode the train to the base, took a shuttle to the base and were able to easily get in and out of the crowds. The train is a winner in our house.
Other things that have been keeping us busy include swimming at the rec center, playing, church meetings for Mom, going to the park, playing, and playing some more. It's been fun. I'm really looking forward to having the computer back to full service soon. Thank you for your patience. Videos and fun photos will be coming soon. Thank you!
Comments