Choices...and THINKING before making them!

M and I have been working quite a bit on making choices and having the "right" to make choices. But today we both learned a lesson.
While I was on the phone and computer trying to work out M's birthday party rescheduling, M came up to me and asked me to "get it out" in tears. I put the phone down and asked what. He told me he put a raisin in his nose. (Really!! He's 3! How did this not happen sooner, I don't know, and why did it happen now, I really have NO idea.) I told the woman on the phone I'd call her later and essentially had to hold M down arms and legs to get him to blow the raisin out. He kept trying to get away and after about 5 minutes of struggling together, the raisin came out. We were both happy once it came out, but M's first words were, "Why did you hold me so tight?" I told him it was because I was trying to help him and since I know he doesn't want to go to the Dr.'s in general, I needed to help him. Oh, the lessons we're learning.
Next, I got back on the phone and began the rescheduling. I didn't even realize the full cost of the change in arrangements I was making, until the contract was signed and I told everyone of the change. It's probably one of the most expensive birthday parties we'll ever have - and I can't do my original train ideas of fun. Oh well, he got the raisin out and learned not to do it again; and I learned to have a contingency plan well thought out in case of weather events long before the day before the party.
;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17