Christmas is upon us

The hours, few days before Christmas are upon us, and our home feels much the same as usual. Sometimes I wish I could do more to put a little Christmas into our daily lives. The tree is up, the presents are wrapped, the discussions and stories of Christ (and Santa) are held, but I don't feel like I have any traditions. Someday I'll work on that - or they'll just fall into place, right. ;)

Myles had two items on his Christmas list this year - 1) RSL shirt and 2) a Rover. I didn't quite understand the Rover idea and went along my merry way thinking he was dreaming of a mars rover or something of the sort. Well, it turns out I was very wrong. There is a new toy, created by Imaginext called the Battle Rover and it has an alien spaceship and everything. I didn't know it existed until Myles and I visited the toy store searching for gifts for his father and brother. And there it was - in the display case, appearing as though it could be a ride-on toy I was shocked. I stood there with my jaw on the floor as did Myles. For different reasons, I'm sure, but we were both mesmerized for the moment. With the help of Santa this gift will be under the tree - but pretty much nothing else from the big man in red. Mom and Dad got the shirt covered, but this toy should be enjoyed.

Briggs has been talking, singing, dancing, running, and laughing so very much it's incredible. His words are becoming more and more clear (except when he's super upset) and his singing is wonderful to hear. His favorite movie thusfar is Frozen, which I attribute to it being the only full-length animated feature film watched in our home (and I still fast forward through quite a bit.) He loves to sing Let it Go, and twirl around. On most days our home has a prince with ice power (Myles), a princess with ice power (me) and a baby prince who's still learning about his powers. We build castles on the North Mountain and enjoy the "air conditioning." Additionally, I love when Briggs prays. He somehow believes that he must nearly lay prostrate on the ground and speak into the carpet (or the table when at meals) to say the prayer. He'll say Amen quite loudly though.

The newest little one is moving around quite a bit. The boys seem excited, but when it happens is when I think the reality of it all will hit. Briggs is now in a twin bed, and seems to really enjoy it. He's expressing his independence during nap times and considers one hour enough (ugh), and then he'll calmly get out of bed and walk downstairs to join Myles and I. He calls Myles, 'isles' and sometimes Myles will call Briggs 'iggs for short. ;) The love they have for each other is enjoyable to see. Sometimes love isn't shown in the way I would consider it, but all the same, I can see that there is love.

I am so grateful for this season. There have been new, or perhaps renewed, lessons for me this season. One of which I believe I knew, but perhaps didn't truly allow to sink in until recently. Christ truly had to be born, and for that reason He is the Gift. Christ was the only physical son of our Father in Heaven. His mother on this earth was chosen for such a task. I believe as a babe there must have been a special spirit about him, but his mother took a critical role in raising him simply to become a man on this earth (of course, taking care with her knowledge of His divine role to play). His Father must not have been far from him. I am so grateful personally for the knowledge that I am but a spirit daughter of a God who is loving, merciful, kind and just. A God who truly gave so much that we may have joy in this life and the worlds to come.

Here's a video we as a family have watched over and over (with me reading the words) - how glorious it is that Christ is the Gift.

He is the Gift

( I personally appreciate the moment in the video - maybe 2+ minutes in, when the words say, "Embrace the Gift" and show an individual praying. For isn't it truly up to us, individually to decide if we believe in the Savior, in His power, His love and His mercy.)

And we enjoy this Piano Guys Christmas video too.

Today in church two lovely young women (ages 14 and 12) performed the O Come Emmanuel version created by the Piano Guys - it was so very beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17