Update

I want to get a few things down before the day runs away from me, and before I long forget.

This last weekend we went as a family to view a show at the Clark Planetarium. It's the new Humpback Whale 3D movie, and I thought Briggs would enjoy it and Noah would be asleep. Well, is a mother wrong - - yes. Briggs didn't get past the first five minutes (thank you loud whale grumbles and 3D image), and Noah was not asleep. Rob was wonderful and took the two outside while I sat with Myles and enjoyed the show.
Myles didn't want to leave and Rob said he was okay so I enjoyed the movie. The part I love best about this movie is the dancing Myles and I do to the music. We dance in our seats and if I move my hand away from drumming on his leg, he quickly brings it back. The song is by American Authors, Best Day of My Life and is truly a fun dancing song. I treasure these moments.

I love listening to Briggs' speak these days. This week he said his name. It may sound more like "biggs," but he knows it and that's what's important. What's funny is he started saying it after he came up to me and said, "Your name Cindy." I have really no idea where he gathered that knowledge but I asked him his name after and he told it to me. It was a good moment. Yes, I do still have him call me mom, but I find it funny he knows my name. Briggs seems to feel very proud when he speaks in sentences. He will really pause before he formulates the whole thought. The other day it was, "I watch the rain," "Oh man, I fall down," "I am counting," or he will sing the ABC's. Of course nothing is perfect but as Myles says, "When Briggs is three he will talk better so we always understand, instead of understanding only most the time." Briggs also loves pounding his head and hands on the floor when he doesn't get his way in addition to screaming with a very high pitch. M will promptly remind him it's too loud and he doesn't like it when he screams so we've begun taking our screaming outside.

Noah is growing far too quickly. He's past the three month mark and before I know it will be eating solids. He loves to laugh and smile and talk. He's a chatterbox. I often call him my little lion because he will begin talking with a quick 'roar' sound from the back of his throat. It's pretty adorable. The boys adore him and if Noah feels safe he lets Briggs and Myles come love him to pieces.

And Rob and I - we'll, we're doing well. Trying to get ourselves in order each day, try to talk to each other about life at least once a day, and have fun with the kids. Family is a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17