Nearly a year
It's been nearly a year since my last post. I don't do this writing therapy, family memory sharing often enough. There is generally so much to say/write that I get overwhelmed. Our family recently finished a significant remodel to our main living space, and we are absolutely loving it. We have a beautiful floor, much more space, a piano, and best of all - swings. I feel very blessed we were able to make this renovation happen, and truly hadn't realized how trapped the previous layout made me feel. I am so grateful.
Today is Myles' sixth birthday. I can hardly believe that he's six. It seems like such a grown up age, one where the child becomes more of an individual. Myles has always been an individual but now it's all him - far less influence from parents. For his birthday today he decided to have a friend party where he invited a few friends and we did science experiments together. It was fun and very chaotic. Lots of baking soda and vinegar, and lots of experimenting. He was so excited. He even woke up early - especially for a Saturday. This evening he said, "it's been a long day!" and it was only five o'clock. I smiled at Rob, hoping for an early bedtime - but alas, I'm in bed and he's still working on getting (and staying) there.
Briggs also had a special time today on a date with Aunt Heather and Grandmom. He accompanied them to the Train Shoppe where he drove several trains. (This place is far better than any train show I've attended as the crowds are much fewer and the driving options are greater.) The boys put a token in the slot, a mini screen displays icons for making the train go faster/slower, turn on/off the light, ring the bell and toot the horn. Briggs loves holding the horn button the entire two minutes he's monitoring the train's fast speed. He loves and adores this place. There are probably 15 trains he can choose to drive. Briggs is also potty training himself, and I'm pretty happy about it. It's such a milestone, but one I don't feel like much effort from me contributes to his success. We do stickers, we sing songs, and we give high fives, but I'm not interested in pushing him - that's a lesson I learned with great difficulty with Myles.
Noah. Oh, what can I say about Noah. He's a bucket of fun. He really enjoys looking through a photo album of pictures I've had printed from my phone gallery. He loves saying names as he's looking through the album. Briggs is more like Bgggss, Myles is Mmmmsss, and Noah is NoAh (sing songy - just like I say it.) He can say Mom and Dad very clearly and practices often. He loves to say cat (meow), dog, hat, and outside (side). He's funny and loves to tease the older boys in special ways. (With Myles, Noah will grab a hold of Myles' shirt in the back, and pull Myles backward and walk along with Myles. Noah loves this game! With Briggs, Noah just loves to be near him and play just like him. They're good buddies, especially with Myles in school these days.
Yes, Myles is in full day kindergarten and so far, we're surviving. He loves riding the bus home, enjoys packing his lunch, loves the science experiments, and is getting to know many friends. It is difficult for him to miss out on the things I do with the boys while he's away, so we try to make Saturdays good family activity days. We go to our membership locations (Thank you Jane, Mike, Nana, PapPap, Grandmom) and enjoy our hours together.
I feel so blessed to have an incredible husband. Rob works so hard, and takes care of the boys and I so well. I love him.
I'm sleepy, so I will run now - I'm proud I've written. Don't know if I'll share it, so for those who find this - enjoy.
Today is Myles' sixth birthday. I can hardly believe that he's six. It seems like such a grown up age, one where the child becomes more of an individual. Myles has always been an individual but now it's all him - far less influence from parents. For his birthday today he decided to have a friend party where he invited a few friends and we did science experiments together. It was fun and very chaotic. Lots of baking soda and vinegar, and lots of experimenting. He was so excited. He even woke up early - especially for a Saturday. This evening he said, "it's been a long day!" and it was only five o'clock. I smiled at Rob, hoping for an early bedtime - but alas, I'm in bed and he's still working on getting (and staying) there.
Briggs also had a special time today on a date with Aunt Heather and Grandmom. He accompanied them to the Train Shoppe where he drove several trains. (This place is far better than any train show I've attended as the crowds are much fewer and the driving options are greater.) The boys put a token in the slot, a mini screen displays icons for making the train go faster/slower, turn on/off the light, ring the bell and toot the horn. Briggs loves holding the horn button the entire two minutes he's monitoring the train's fast speed. He loves and adores this place. There are probably 15 trains he can choose to drive. Briggs is also potty training himself, and I'm pretty happy about it. It's such a milestone, but one I don't feel like much effort from me contributes to his success. We do stickers, we sing songs, and we give high fives, but I'm not interested in pushing him - that's a lesson I learned with great difficulty with Myles.
Noah. Oh, what can I say about Noah. He's a bucket of fun. He really enjoys looking through a photo album of pictures I've had printed from my phone gallery. He loves saying names as he's looking through the album. Briggs is more like Bgggss, Myles is Mmmmsss, and Noah is NoAh (sing songy - just like I say it.) He can say Mom and Dad very clearly and practices often. He loves to say cat (meow), dog, hat, and outside (side). He's funny and loves to tease the older boys in special ways. (With Myles, Noah will grab a hold of Myles' shirt in the back, and pull Myles backward and walk along with Myles. Noah loves this game! With Briggs, Noah just loves to be near him and play just like him. They're good buddies, especially with Myles in school these days.
Yes, Myles is in full day kindergarten and so far, we're surviving. He loves riding the bus home, enjoys packing his lunch, loves the science experiments, and is getting to know many friends. It is difficult for him to miss out on the things I do with the boys while he's away, so we try to make Saturdays good family activity days. We go to our membership locations (Thank you Jane, Mike, Nana, PapPap, Grandmom) and enjoy our hours together.
I feel so blessed to have an incredible husband. Rob works so hard, and takes care of the boys and I so well. I love him.
I'm sleepy, so I will run now - I'm proud I've written. Don't know if I'll share it, so for those who find this - enjoy.
Comments