Bath Time - - Anytime
I figured this post may be a bit long for Facebook, so I suppose it's time for an update on the blog. First, of all, we're nearly midway through the school year and we're all shouting hooray! It's been a significant change in our household to have everyone wake up and collectively join in getting Myles to school. We work on getting things accomplished after we get home, but sometimes it's a 'show' kind of morning. Briggs still loves Little Einstiens, while Noah enjoys them now too. Myles has moved on to the Garfield Show and Clone Wars, but will watch DinoTrux (Mom's favorite) if he's watching with brothers. Okay - so onto today's story.
*Note: No one is harmed in this story.
This morning Briggs built a "boat" out of legos. Boat came with us on several errands this morning, including a trip to drop fruit off in Myles' classroom. However, once we got home there was only one goal - - get the boat into the BATH water. No other water would do - even with our new giant sink. The sink may have been out of play in Briggs' mind because of the stack of dirty dishes and that it would take Mom's attention to do that...
Anyway, I decided it would be a good mom moment if I could just fill up the bath a little bit and let him play with his boat - hey, I'd be able to get the dishes done. As the water was filling up I was reminded - nope, I'm here to stay. ;) With water in the tub, a preschooler, and toddler at play my anxiety rattles me and I suppose I lose all sense of other tasks. So as I realized this, I thought, well - I'll embrace this moment, and wash all of our legos. I turned off the water, left Briggs and his boat and ran downstairs to grab the drawers (yes, three drawers full!) of Legos. I grabbed two that were halfway filled and told Noah to come on up and play.
As I came up around the bend from the stairs I see Briggs' little naked bum climbing into the tub. I put the drawers down in the hallway and visited with him in the bathroom. He told me he'd always dreamed of a bath with his boat. Hooray for dreams coming true! Noah arrived and simply stepped into the tub - socks, pants, diaper and shirt still on. He sat down and his little brain started processing how something was different. He initially said he didn't want to be naked - which is unlike Noah, but after a few seconds he was climbing out to get everything off. We took off his clothes and diaper and the boys play and play. I did dump a few more legos in just for playing sake. So much for dishes, for cleaning legos, and for less dry skin for my boys. Lotion and memories will make up for those.
Today we move ahead - -oh, yes, it's 10 a.m. Can you imagine what the rest of our day will include. ;)
*Note: No one is harmed in this story.
This morning Briggs built a "boat" out of legos. Boat came with us on several errands this morning, including a trip to drop fruit off in Myles' classroom. However, once we got home there was only one goal - - get the boat into the BATH water. No other water would do - even with our new giant sink. The sink may have been out of play in Briggs' mind because of the stack of dirty dishes and that it would take Mom's attention to do that...
Anyway, I decided it would be a good mom moment if I could just fill up the bath a little bit and let him play with his boat - hey, I'd be able to get the dishes done. As the water was filling up I was reminded - nope, I'm here to stay. ;) With water in the tub, a preschooler, and toddler at play my anxiety rattles me and I suppose I lose all sense of other tasks. So as I realized this, I thought, well - I'll embrace this moment, and wash all of our legos. I turned off the water, left Briggs and his boat and ran downstairs to grab the drawers (yes, three drawers full!) of Legos. I grabbed two that were halfway filled and told Noah to come on up and play.
As I came up around the bend from the stairs I see Briggs' little naked bum climbing into the tub. I put the drawers down in the hallway and visited with him in the bathroom. He told me he'd always dreamed of a bath with his boat. Hooray for dreams coming true! Noah arrived and simply stepped into the tub - socks, pants, diaper and shirt still on. He sat down and his little brain started processing how something was different. He initially said he didn't want to be naked - which is unlike Noah, but after a few seconds he was climbing out to get everything off. We took off his clothes and diaper and the boys play and play. I did dump a few more legos in just for playing sake. So much for dishes, for cleaning legos, and for less dry skin for my boys. Lotion and memories will make up for those.
Today we move ahead - -oh, yes, it's 10 a.m. Can you imagine what the rest of our day will include. ;)
Comments