Eve of Two
Here I am on the eve of Noah's second birthday, struggling with my roller coaster emotions. Noah is so much fun right now. He loves words, and today even said, Dr. Seuss. We'd been discussing that he and Noah had the same birthdays. His favorite things to do are 1) dump water (or juice, volcanos, or anything really); 2) read books; 3) eat oranges (dried or fresh); 4) eat granola bars (ba-bars); and 5) be with his brothers. Noah absolutely loves going to the park with his brothers, chasing them around the house, or just following them into dark rooms to experiment with flashlights.
He's growing so quickly - as are they all. Here's a brief rundown of how things are going in our home.
Briggs is three. It's a challenge between he and I. Granted, there is sanity and help with me spending alone time with him playing memory or trains - but the other moments test my patience. He willingly puts on shoes to go anywhere but without fail when I get to the back of the van to exit again he's removed them and sometimes even taken off the socks. The other day while playing outside he took off his shoes in the neighbors yard. I forgot, and apparently so did he and the next morning there was only one left. So - - he's in sandals with socks or boots these days. (But don't worry - he can still free himself.) Briggs loves long hair, continues to love the Hall of the Mountain King and continually reminds us of his love for Goby his best friend. His word usage is fascinating, and he loves to play at home or at the park. Briggs loves space and art. He loves to create and paint. Last night we hung up planets in his room (styrofoam balls sewn together with black yarn.)
Myles is six. He's working through school - truthfully I think he's just determined to go and come home instead of fight. He is reading all the day long - and especially loves having a book in the car. Myles goes to the library regularly to read down our fines, or just to pick out a new round of books. We now have three library cards - one for county libraries (we've visited three so far), one for city libraries (we've visited seven) and now the Murray library. There isn't yet a favorite, but somehow a varying selection from each one. Myles continues to love space, is moving into star wars fascination and ninjago. He loves to build lego droids and conduct lottery drawings at our home for winners of the lucky droids.
Rob and I are organizing the house and trying to keep up with the boys. Rob works his full-time job and does part-time editing in the evenings. I am now back to work for a few hours a week in the office and doing some consulting jobs when the opportunity arises. Being "weary" isn't sufficient for the way we feel sometimes, but we're pushing through and finding joy. The boys are such fun and we really love them. However, if they'd stay in their own beds for a whole week I think it'd be pretty remarkable. ;)
In the end, I wanted to write and express how quickly the time does pass. Noah is nearly as tall as Briggs. He's a toddler now, and the world moves on. I often beg that I can keep them close and teach them so much - it's been a difficult transition for me with Myles going to school and me experiencing a lack of control. I'm adjusting, but this part sure isn't easier than the beginning hard.
He's growing so quickly - as are they all. Here's a brief rundown of how things are going in our home.
Briggs is three. It's a challenge between he and I. Granted, there is sanity and help with me spending alone time with him playing memory or trains - but the other moments test my patience. He willingly puts on shoes to go anywhere but without fail when I get to the back of the van to exit again he's removed them and sometimes even taken off the socks. The other day while playing outside he took off his shoes in the neighbors yard. I forgot, and apparently so did he and the next morning there was only one left. So - - he's in sandals with socks or boots these days. (But don't worry - he can still free himself.) Briggs loves long hair, continues to love the Hall of the Mountain King and continually reminds us of his love for Goby his best friend. His word usage is fascinating, and he loves to play at home or at the park. Briggs loves space and art. He loves to create and paint. Last night we hung up planets in his room (styrofoam balls sewn together with black yarn.)
Myles is six. He's working through school - truthfully I think he's just determined to go and come home instead of fight. He is reading all the day long - and especially loves having a book in the car. Myles goes to the library regularly to read down our fines, or just to pick out a new round of books. We now have three library cards - one for county libraries (we've visited three so far), one for city libraries (we've visited seven) and now the Murray library. There isn't yet a favorite, but somehow a varying selection from each one. Myles continues to love space, is moving into star wars fascination and ninjago. He loves to build lego droids and conduct lottery drawings at our home for winners of the lucky droids.
Rob and I are organizing the house and trying to keep up with the boys. Rob works his full-time job and does part-time editing in the evenings. I am now back to work for a few hours a week in the office and doing some consulting jobs when the opportunity arises. Being "weary" isn't sufficient for the way we feel sometimes, but we're pushing through and finding joy. The boys are such fun and we really love them. However, if they'd stay in their own beds for a whole week I think it'd be pretty remarkable. ;)
In the end, I wanted to write and express how quickly the time does pass. Noah is nearly as tall as Briggs. He's a toddler now, and the world moves on. I often beg that I can keep them close and teach them so much - it's been a difficult transition for me with Myles going to school and me experiencing a lack of control. I'm adjusting, but this part sure isn't easier than the beginning hard.
Comments