Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day. The time is fleeting. The boys are growing so quickly - both out of their clothes and in their independent natures. I am beginning to feel the ache for the loss of these "simpler" times and stirring my fear of the times ahead - hoping, praying they are bound with peace and love through the teenager years.
On the update side of things:
Myles
He is happy, loves to read, and is now pursuing a recent love of chess. He still loves to go on dates with Mom, and share with his Dad personal moments in the evening. We're often told to play Space Explorers when we go out - whether with the family or just the two of us. Often he's discussing droids, Sonic, and funny pranks or jokes.
Briggs
He loves to jump. He is a physical kid who shows great love or anger in his face and through his hands. He is a fan of so many things - running, playing at the park, riding his "flying radio" tricycle, riding in the bike trailer, cooking food, painting, sewing (he loves sewing) and wants a real model train for his birthday. On his dates he is generally swayed to bring Myles along. He really does have a good time with Myles and when I find them laughing and playing together it stirs my heart with joy.
Noah
He's a stubborn, lovely two-year old. He loves to play, "Knock, knock" jokes or guess what comments, or just to walk around and say, "hi, I'm noah." I love the way he talks. It's that two-year old voice that you don't want to go away. Noah loves to grab books and read the day away. He can often be found playing with the wooden train tracks upstairs or pouring water - anywhere he can find it.
These handsome boys fill my day and my heart. I'm trying to embrace the time, but I worry too much I think. We're striving to serve balanced meals - although the vacay in Park City with Aunt Mary Kate and Uncle Scott didn't serve that effort too well. Not for a lack of anyone but myself. It was nice to see the boys embrace a banana and eat it very willingly today after we hadn't had them for a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17