Almost Spring
There is little quite like the first bike ride after a cold, long winter. The weather today is absolutely stunning (high of 49). What better than to revitalize our bikes on such a promising day! It turned out to be the perfect day. I'm kind of weird, in that I like to visit places with free air to pump up my tires. I've never felt very confident pumping air with our small little hand pump, so I convinced Rob that we could take a walk to the gas station with our bikes, fill the tires up, and then go on the bike ride. Rob agreed, however, walking a bike isn't nearly as enjoyable as taking a walk and holding Rob's hand, so we ended up going to a nearby gas station that charges $.75 for air. (I know, is that legal, to charge for air?) Anyway, we filled up the bikes and were on our way. We went to a nearby river trail and really enjoyed the sun, the fresh air, the open space, and the scenery.
I suppose I'm writing this as much for me as I am for anyone else choosing to check on our "doings" once in awhile. Often I forget how much I love bike riding, so I'm hoping that putting it in writing I'll remember to do it more often. I also encourage any of our readers to encourage me to ride when we visit. It's a most enjoyable past time and healthy activity. In fact, Rob ended up riding to work today! Hooray!!
Well, I suppose many readers are shocked at our number of recent entries. I believe this could be considered our "turn from hibernation" mode. Spring may not be officially here, but I can see the weeds in the flower beds, the bike can become a source of transportation, and the sun is actually sending heat I can feel. I'll take what I can get. :)
Comments
Love, Mom