Can You Present Me?

Myles has recently begun enjoying The Lion King Movie, and carries his little lion cub around the house. The lion cub's name is Simba, of course.Often he will re-enact the presentation of Simba to the animals but tonight there was a new twist. While getting ready for bed, Myles climbed onto Daddy's lap and asked, "Can you present me?" Dad looked at me, and I said, like Simba. We both grinned. I couldn't help but think of this video clip from the ABC show Modern Family. I also found the closest picture I could find to M being "presented."
We then continued to "present" M in the manner of the movie. Per his request, he lay in my arms, had "Rafiki" (aka Dad), break the coconut and sprinkle dust on his forehead so he would sneeze. Then Rafiki takes Simba out of his mother's arms and presents him. He loved it! This kid cracks me up!
We've been reviewing quite a few of his baby pictures, to help him to understand how little baby brother will be able to do upon his arrival and how much of Myles' help we will need. It's been fun and a bit sad to watch how much he's grown. I'm so grateful to have him as a part of my life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17