Dear Rob & Family Moments
Dear Rob,
Thank you! Thank you for listening to my silly stories of irritation, heartburn and hunger. Thank you for talking me through my worries, excitement and anxiety for the newest member of our family to arrive, for doing more than your share of laundry and dishes (and now yard work), for loving me enough to stick with me. I honestly couldn't list all of the things you do to help me. I love you!
We're nearing Week 31 and I'm doing alright. I fear I post too much about the hard times, when really there are so many good ones we live daily and more to come. M entertains us daily and helped me to make Easter Cake Pops from a magazine picture he saw nearly a month ago. Upon seeing the picture he has been asking about them often. We had a good time making them, and in his words, "We are two great chefs!" He especially liked putting the sprinkles on the melted chocolate.
I am excited for our new baby brother to arrive. I said to Rob tonight (as I struggled with insomnia), can you believe in a few (really, nine) weeks we'll be up with a little one rather than simply up. We'll be so tired! But so in love, I'm sure. We wonder how M will do with a little brother around - will he wake up when the little one cries, will he be soft and gentle, will he continue to ask questions all day long - - "what's he saying? why is he crying? what are you talking about?"
M has been pretending quite a bit lately, and it seems most of the pretend moments are the two of us switching roles. Here's a sample of our conversation the other day in the store.
M was in a race car shopping cart (the kind at Macey's Grocery).
M: Are you buckled up Myles? --You be Myles, k, Mom, I'm Mom now.
Mom: Yes. M: Hold on tight! We're going fast!
Mom: Whoa!
M: Do we have enough power?
Mom: I hope so!
M: Tell me you want some more cantaloupe... Mom:
Mom, can I have some more cantaloupe?
M: Not while I'm driving - when we get home, okay?
Mom: (Trying not to laugh too loudly in the store.) - Okay!
We went through that conversation over and over, but it seems he's been listening. Another repeated moment/conversation between us the other day occurred while I was making Chicken Lo Mein for dinner. I had peeled and was working on shredding carrots when M decided to come help me. He has enjoyed peeling potatoes and carrots before, and asked if he could do it again. I provided him a carrot and the vegetable peeler (he's really quite good at this and it seems pretty safe.)
He stood on the stool and said, "Okay, Mom - you be Myles. I'm Mom making dinner."
Mom: Hi Mom! What's for dinner?
M: Carrots! Want to try some? (as he peeled off a piece for me.)
Mom: Sure. Mmm..yum. That's yummy.
M: Yep. Do you want some more?
Mom: Yes, please.
M: Okay, Mom, can you ask what's for dinner again?
Mom: Hi Mom. What's for dinner?
M: Carrots! Want to try some? (again, peeling me another piece.)
Mom: Mmm..that is delicious!
M: Do you want some more?
repeated at least 10-15 times more. By the time we were done preparing for dinner, half of the carrot was peeled down and I had eaten more than my share of carrot peelings. Today M asked if he could peel again.
We have good moments, and I feel very blessed.
Thank you! Thank you for listening to my silly stories of irritation, heartburn and hunger. Thank you for talking me through my worries, excitement and anxiety for the newest member of our family to arrive, for doing more than your share of laundry and dishes (and now yard work), for loving me enough to stick with me. I honestly couldn't list all of the things you do to help me. I love you!
We're nearing Week 31 and I'm doing alright. I fear I post too much about the hard times, when really there are so many good ones we live daily and more to come. M entertains us daily and helped me to make Easter Cake Pops from a magazine picture he saw nearly a month ago. Upon seeing the picture he has been asking about them often. We had a good time making them, and in his words, "We are two great chefs!" He especially liked putting the sprinkles on the melted chocolate.
I am excited for our new baby brother to arrive. I said to Rob tonight (as I struggled with insomnia), can you believe in a few (really, nine) weeks we'll be up with a little one rather than simply up. We'll be so tired! But so in love, I'm sure. We wonder how M will do with a little brother around - will he wake up when the little one cries, will he be soft and gentle, will he continue to ask questions all day long - - "what's he saying? why is he crying? what are you talking about?"
M has been pretending quite a bit lately, and it seems most of the pretend moments are the two of us switching roles. Here's a sample of our conversation the other day in the store.
M was in a race car shopping cart (the kind at Macey's Grocery).
M: Are you buckled up Myles? --You be Myles, k, Mom, I'm Mom now.
Mom: Yes. M: Hold on tight! We're going fast!
Mom: Whoa!
M: Do we have enough power?
Mom: I hope so!
M: Tell me you want some more cantaloupe... Mom:
Mom, can I have some more cantaloupe?
M: Not while I'm driving - when we get home, okay?
Mom: (Trying not to laugh too loudly in the store.) - Okay!
We went through that conversation over and over, but it seems he's been listening. Another repeated moment/conversation between us the other day occurred while I was making Chicken Lo Mein for dinner. I had peeled and was working on shredding carrots when M decided to come help me. He has enjoyed peeling potatoes and carrots before, and asked if he could do it again. I provided him a carrot and the vegetable peeler (he's really quite good at this and it seems pretty safe.)
He stood on the stool and said, "Okay, Mom - you be Myles. I'm Mom making dinner."
Mom: Hi Mom! What's for dinner?
M: Carrots! Want to try some? (as he peeled off a piece for me.)
Mom: Sure. Mmm..yum. That's yummy.
M: Yep. Do you want some more?
Mom: Yes, please.
M: Okay, Mom, can you ask what's for dinner again?
Mom: Hi Mom. What's for dinner?
M: Carrots! Want to try some? (again, peeling me another piece.)
Mom: Mmm..that is delicious!
M: Do you want some more?
repeated at least 10-15 times more. By the time we were done preparing for dinner, half of the carrot was peeled down and I had eaten more than my share of carrot peelings. Today M asked if he could peel again.
We have good moments, and I feel very blessed.
Comments