Primary Program & New Words
Today was Myles' first official appearance in his Primary program. The Primary is the children's organization in the LDS Faith (ranging from 18 months - 12 years of age). When the child is 3 years old they begin to participate in the classroom setting. Myles is currently a Sunbeam (which is the youngest class). Each year the Primary prepares, through song and personal thoughts, a program to share with the families in Sacrament Meeting. Today was that program. ;)
Myles had been practicing and doing great. The theme for the year was Families are Forever, and the topic for his class was about parents and family love. Myles had one sentence to share (in addition to the 9 songs) and got a bit shy. The plan was for him to say, "I love my mom and dad because they let me choose my choices." However, today I believe he got a bit nervous. He got up to the microphone (teacher standing nearby) and sighed. He then motioned that he didn't want to do it. I (of course) went up to the microphone because in all honesty he had told me before that he wanted me next to him, so I thought it would help. It didn't. I held his hand from the pulpit and instead of him saying his line he said, "I don't want to say it." followed quietly just to me with, "it's too hard." I held his hand and told him that was okay. So, ironically, I let him choose his choice. ;) His teacher read his line (thanks, Teacher Jo) and the congregation was kind.
Upon further discussion with Dad this evening, Myles told him he was fine saying it in the primary room when no people there. I suppose he either got stage fright, or is our little introvert in a few ways. It's a memory we won't soon forget, but one we won't torture him with either. He's keeping us on our toes with life.
We've recently had to develop a new time out system due to aggression in the home. He is doing better because he doesn't think his nose is hungry (the time out requires him to put his nose on the fridge) so I suppose it's generally working.
Today Briggs hit his head a record of three times. First, while walking around the van after church. He took a full face dive onto the driveway and got a bump on the middle of his forehead. Next, Myles pushed him down pretty hard onto the floor of our living room (the one spot without padding mind you), and hit the back of his head. (Yes, Myles was put in time out.) And lastly, he fell down four of the stairs while carrying a backpack, and somehow hit his right eye, near the head. It was a rough day.
Myles also hit his head, last night. It was above his right orbital on a folding chair, and it's left a bit of a bruise. Oh, boys. I promise I'm trying to keep them safe.
Briggs is speaking quite a bit more now and can say apple very clearly. He says two syllables for Myles, but I can't quite figure out what they're intended to be. Briggs loves bananas and we say that often, so he knows the word bananas and does try to say it. It sounds like he says dog, and I wouldn't be surprised with how much he loves them. He does say Dad and Mom and knows how to leave with a kiss.
The binky withdrawal is going alright. We're still struggling a bit, but the time to get down for a nap has lessened. He is starting to take hold of our efforts of reading books in bed and relaxing before you have to sleep (well, that's the theory.)
Baby Number 3 was moving around quite a bit at the ultrasound this last week. I'm so grateful for this! Myles is still convinced this one is a sister, but we're not necessarily finding out for now. The baby looked very healthy and gave us a few good shots of his/her feet. I am doing better - - finally. In fact, I even noticed a difference just with today and my activity level. I am getting better at drinking water and keeping things down. I'm hoping this week I can (maybe) skip the IV appointment and just do one next week - or be done all together. (Wouldn't that be lovely.) I was able to clean the boys' rooms this week, organize the play closet, make a menu for dinners, and I even cooked tonight. Truly, this is serious progress.
Love to all.
Cindy
p.s. Someone out here in the West got a hold of a box of Tastykake pies and brought them to a church activity. We would gladly accept more such items in our home.
Comments