Albert Einstein

I want to document this - not for humor but for love - love for my son and his passion for his imagination. Tonight is the night before the first day of school. Myles will be entering first grade and he wasn't a big fan of school last year so I've been preparing myself for an uphill battle. However, he's only had a moment or two where he's expressed his discontent and overall has been fairly amicable to the idea. Tonight though - tears were (and continued to be) shed and emotions are very real. When I went into his room to check on Briggs (who is going through a fever spell) and found Myles climbing up his ladder near tears. I told him he needed to be in bed to which he responded tearfully - Mom, I have a message for you, and showed me an I love you note on the sketch board he had in hand. I melted. Thank you I replied and he cried again, desiring to write some more. He wrote the initials AE. I asked him what it meant and he said, it's the initials of my favorite person - Albert Einstein. He said my favorite thing, Myles continued, Imagination is more powerful than Knowledge.
He cried and cried as he went over and over how important his imagination is and how it is growing into limitless powers as he reads comic books. As I approached from the side of yes - our imagination grows when our knowledge grows - he debated me that knowledge isn't needed for imagination to proceed. Oh Myles! How you love being in your world. How you cherish moments of imagination. He went ahead and told me about Einstein's equation E=mc2. He has the equation memorized because it's from his favorite person.
He just walked in and told me, "The fourth advantage of being a kid - is that the imagination is limitless, but when kids grow up to be adults they stop the imagination by controlling it - - but if you could let go of that controlling power you could turn back time and make yourself able to have one of the biggest imaginations in the world. Why can't you just let go of that controlling power. There must be some sort urge to keep that controlling power going." My response was perhaps it was adulthood and reality. But as Moana and Zootopia teach - Never Let Go of Your DREAMS! I won't let go of that power when I grow up. I will open up the dam to imagination and let it flow inside. I am an imagination Master and I want others to be Masters too - because this world is nothing without imagination.  Imagination keeps me hiding books in my covers when you come to take them away. It makes me get out of bed to read after you've told me to go to sleep. " Returning again to my room, "I need you to know Mom what the dam represents - it represents an adult being what they have to be instead of what they want to be. I wish I could declare and shout to the world how great Imagination is."

The emotions. The truth. and the Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17