Car Wash

Today M and I washed the car in the driveway. M doesn't particularly enjoy water being sprayed on him, so he mostly hung back unless it was time to wash and use the "bubbles" with the washcloth. He was a big helper. We had completed the rinse and I was ready to start on the inside.
Not thinking much of it, M showed me some mud we'd created (in combination with the broken sprinkler) near the rear tire of the car. Hmmm, I thought, yep, there's some mud. Sure enough he began playing in it. I was washing the windows and returned to check on him to see that he'd "washed" the car with his muddy hands. My reaction was to pause, quickly decide my reaction - for I've learned much of I how react creates our day - so I laughed. He told me, "hands, mud" yes, his hands were muddy and so is our clean car. ;)

I suppose it's my own fault, given that I taught him how to fingerpaint with his entire hand, and the other day with his feet. The only trick was, he wasn't getting much paint on the bottom of his feet, but boy, the top of his feet were colorful.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17