Highlights

A few highlights from the last few days.
  • The vocabulary of M stuns me. Granted I talk quite a bit, but I didn't know that the words would so easily fall from his mouth - with an understanding. M and I cook quite a bit. We cook dinner, we bake, we do lunches, and much more - so the other day I explained to him what the term boiling meant. And today while we were making some "glaze" for a cake we baked, M looked over to the stove and told me it was boiling. He stumbled a bit with the b, but knew what he was talking about. Joy. 
  • M and I read quite a bit, and the other day during lunch I was sorting through mail at the table. I gave him a Disney magazine of DVDs to look at. He looked at nearly every picture, trying to find things he knew - "rocket" from Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse, Winnie-the-Pooh, and a few more. I love that we can read together. We also read magazines on the porch swing the other day. Luckily one of the magazines had an amazing picture of a piano that he stared at for quite some time.
  • M is now in a kick with drums. I love that he appreciates music. He loves to play nearly anything that looks like a drum, including mommy's legs, feet, or daddy's head. We love it. 
  • Yesterday we drew pictures on the sidewalk. Pictures of a piano, guitar, drums, trees, birds, and the pictures from How does a Dinosaur Count to 10 by Jane Yolen. As I sat there on the sidewalk, enjoying the breeze, getting my newly cleaned pants dirty with chalk, and being with M, I couldn't help but be grateful that I get to share these moments with him. These moments in my heart are my treasures.  I've recently begun watching videos of the "Listen to Your Mother" series online** and June Saavedra stated something I appreciated, "So what is the reward for all the sacrifices? On a daily basis we collect an abundance of moments, joyous, beautiful, proud, incredibly sweet and funny moments. And if you, have not been diligent in recording these moments, don't despair - [...] you have saved all of your moments; they all rest in your heart. Playing for each other, laughing, crying and sighing for each other, so you are able to give unconditionally, mother's love for everyone who needs it. Because your sacrifices are what make you a terrific mom." No matter how few hours or how many hours I get to spend with M daily, I am so grateful to have the privilege of being a part of this little boy's life.
  •  I can hardly stand how much I want to "squeeze" and hug our little man when he achieves a big accomplishment. He's in a twin size bed now and is very aware of the need to crawl inside to go to sleep. Beginning on Sunday we started the transition and within two days, he's been able to find his way and sleep well (naps included). The first night, I found myself entering his room several times just to feel my heart swell with joy. He's growing so quickly. Is this how our Father in Heaven feels when we make positive choices for ourselves? Is this how his heart swells when we follow the Savior in our actions and deeds? I can't help but wonder.
**Disclaimer: some of the videos are hilarious, others are touching, others leave me curious, and some have language I could live without, but the theme is wonderful and I've really enjoyed it all.

So, a few highlights of our life. Perhaps more than you wanted to hear, but after all, it's a blog about us. Read on, over, or simply scroll through the pictures - we're glad you visited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17