Making the Most of the Unexpected

Generally, M and I have a plan for the day. Today was animal day and we were headed to the farm. M was not interested in any other options (including an invitation to a fun, free splash pad); however, before we could begin our adventure of choice, the car needed a quick check up. I actually thought I was being paranoid before a short road trip, but accepted my paranoia and drove into the auto shop.

We had the brakes looked at, and within about 30 minutes discovered that, yes, our brake pads were in need of replacement, in addition to the rotors. Oh, and there's a nail in the tire. Relief (phew - glad those didn't lose it when this car is moving), anxiety (what will this cost), stress (what about our animal day), pause and then relief again. Relief that our family is safe. Relief that we caught something before a terrible accident could have happened. Blessed to live in downtown and have various options of transit (and that the stroller was in the car). And unexpected relief to see the excitement on M's face when I told him we got to ride the train home instead of see the animals today.

So, to make the best of our unexpected moment we walked a few blocks, helped guide a tourist, hopped on a train, played the "Play Me I'm Yours" Piano again, visited Temple Square, rode the train again, had lunch with Dad, walked the few blocks home completing our journey of 20 track crossings (10 pairs of tracks) and took a peaceful nap in our cool home. Thank you! Thank you for our blessings. Count them every one. ;)



(For the record when I began pushing the stroller I thought to myself - I'll cry later, not now - M's having fun. We can make this work. It'll be okay. It's all in the attitude. So, yes, I'll cry later, but the adventure was worth it.)

And today, we get an ice cream cone - when we get the tire fixed at another location. Perhaps not the same ice cream cone in the video below, but we'll get one similar to it - just so I can see M's tongue wiggle around to taste it.  


Ready to post, publish, and move forward when the phone rings. A story line in our life right now as well, is the ending of Great Grammy's earthly journey. From my experience and of all the stories I've heard, she's wonderful, irreplaceable, and has served as a mother to many. We're so grateful to have her counted amongst our many blessings. We love you dearly!  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17