A bit about the boys

Briggs
I love pasta! (by love, I'll eat it at any meal)
I am wearing 12-18 month clothing.
I am wearing a size 5 shoe - credited to my chubby feet.
I am walking everywhere.
I am currently working on going down the stairs while standing.
I seek for Mom's hand when I don't feel confident.
I love to play "this little piggy." Especially at dinner time.
I love to smile and have people laugh with me.
I love to tap on computers and watch little animals on the screen.
I enjoy hearing my mom and dad tell me what dogs and cats say.
I like to hear stories.
I feel big when I'm sitting on the couch with my brother.
I still drink from my bottle, and love it!
I don't love to eat solid foods - besides pasta.
I miss dairy (so does my mom.)
I enjoy sleeping in my crib and waking up mom and dad only once or twice at night now.
I am almost one.

Myles
I am growing.
I love to work in the community garden with my mom.
I like to learn about science.
I don't like writing or drawing very much, but I'm getting a bit better at practicing.
I love strawberry milk.
My favorite colors are blue and green.
I love macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and honey toast.
I don't love eating dinner.
I am practicing going to the potty at the right time. (Ask dad about the funny potty song we sing.)
I have fun on obstacle courses.
I like being outside - but only when it's not too hot.
I enjoy eating popsicles.
I like "reading the pictures" in storybooks
I enjoy being silly, and like it when we read books or tell stories in silly ways. (Think opposites.)
I like crawling in my mom and dad's bed at night, daytime, or whenever they are around.
I really like our new couch! (Thanks Andrae!!) The pillows come off and I can build the greatest tents.
I like constellations.
I still like trains, just don't play with them as much. (Perhaps Mom has become more playful..??)
I'm between 3T and 4T in clothing.
I am wearing between a size 8/10 shoe - depending on the day, my toenails (which I still don't like clipping), and if I have an infection.

Mom
I am trying to be brave and share our real life.
I have been battling lately with the reality that I don't 'jump out of bed' each morning to greet the boys. (Even when M is standing at my side telling me - Mom, I just want to play with you.) And yet, when they're in bed, I miss them. It's a real time of life when we're all trying to understand the complexity and yet simplicity of being present, having fun, and enjoyment. I'm working on it.
I enjoy time in the garden.
I like playing outside with the boys.
I really love watching Briggs walk. It's amazing to me how well he moves and somehow navigates over many obstacles.
I have a difficult time being as 'careful' as I was with Myles - mostly because I've experienced life.
Throughout the day, if I am at all distracted from Myles the phrase you will hear is "Myles, get off your brother." Myles loves to sit on him, tackle him, lay on him, and push him.
I have been trying to reward Myles (with hugs, squeezes, kisses, etc) when he listens and follow instructions rather than discipline. This has helped both mine and his demeanors in what appear to be stressful moments.
I try to play.
I try to balance my time, their time, and our time.
I love my husband and daily thank Heavenly Father for the wonderful, supportive, encouraging, kind and incredible person I married. Rob is truly a remarkable man who lives with and endures my weaknesses. He strengthens me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17