One Year

The things that can happen in a year are astounding. Happy First Birthday Briggs!

Dear Briggs,
You're incredible! You came into this world a calming presence in my arms. Your cries were loud, your eating difficult to figure out, but the payoff is so grand. Your laughter ranges from tiny to big belly, deep laughs. Your abilities to move around, walk, crawl fast, and haul up stairs is a blessed challenge. The joy your bring to our family is so real and evident. Truly, it feels as though you've been a part of us all along. It's difficult to think back a year ago, and realize how amazing your little life has been so far and consider how much more joy we have ahead of us. I'm sure there will be more wrestling, more talking, more laughter and definitely more crying.
You tend to have a soft heart for me and often try to jump into my lap when Myles and I are playing, tickling, or wrestling. I can't decide if you're trying to rescue me or join in the fun. I love that you laugh when I make animal noises. I find it hilarious that within the last two days you've found your tongue and use it to spit at us. You can sing the Snow White Silly Song (yes, it's true - video to come) first part as we've listened to it at least 100 times since your birth. You talked a lot today, in fact, you were probably singing for some of the 30 minutes straight that you were babbling. You love to dance, and have been practicing your stand/sit dance motion for a few days.
I love you my Bug. Briggs, thanks for being a part of our lives. I hope/pray/ and beg there are countless days ahead of us to get to know you more.
Love, Mom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gardening...Joy or Pain?

New Adventures

When you're 16 going on 17