Thursday - Ah, one day more.
One day more...until the weekend. I long for weekends. I'm sure it has much to do with the fact that my husband is wonderful.
Today wasn't too bad. Briggs still wasn't much of himself (which meant another poor night of sleep last night) so I ended up taking to a nurse. Over the phone she gave me two possible diagnoses - 1) Rectal Strep, or 2) Pinworms. Really? Pinworms! What even is a pinworm? Well, it's not really a pleasant diagnosis, and I'll tell you, it's not one I'm looking forward to diagnosing. To diagnose we have to catch the little guys either laying eggs in the bum - but only at night, after the boys have been a sleep for a few hours, or in their stools - when they're already dead. Pleasant, right. Brave. Really can't believe I'm telling you this.
Anyway, tonight will be thrilling. Today I really enjoyed watching M's imagination play out during B's afternoon nap. I was prepping a bunch of stuff in the kitchen while he played with the balloon in the living room. He played, puppy, kitty, transformers, and so much more. It was a wonderful part of my day, just listening and watching his brain work.
However, I did feel today that I couldn't get inside his world. Sometimes I feel that way. Sometimes I can squeak in through play and activity, but today just wasn't one of those days. Out of the blue at dinner he asked me about something we hadn't even discussed for at least three days. He's a thinker.
Briggs absolutely goes crazy for headbands or hats. He gets so giddy and tries to tear them off. It's a great spectacle. Once off, I'll rub my head on his belly and inevitably get his gutteral, hillarious belly laugh going. I love that laugh!
We didn't do much today, but did go shopping for a bit. The boys were good and I remember leaving the grocery store thinking - my boys are pretty good kids. No crying when I refused to buy the potato chips - and really, now that I think about it, there wasn't even asking for the potato chips. And M picked up several things that were down on the floor when they should have been on the shelf. Yes, he did get a treat, but rather it was a quart of juice. His thought of a treat, so I went with it. Hey, I love juice too.
Today wasn't too bad. Briggs still wasn't much of himself (which meant another poor night of sleep last night) so I ended up taking to a nurse. Over the phone she gave me two possible diagnoses - 1) Rectal Strep, or 2) Pinworms. Really? Pinworms! What even is a pinworm? Well, it's not really a pleasant diagnosis, and I'll tell you, it's not one I'm looking forward to diagnosing. To diagnose we have to catch the little guys either laying eggs in the bum - but only at night, after the boys have been a sleep for a few hours, or in their stools - when they're already dead. Pleasant, right. Brave. Really can't believe I'm telling you this.
Anyway, tonight will be thrilling. Today I really enjoyed watching M's imagination play out during B's afternoon nap. I was prepping a bunch of stuff in the kitchen while he played with the balloon in the living room. He played, puppy, kitty, transformers, and so much more. It was a wonderful part of my day, just listening and watching his brain work.
However, I did feel today that I couldn't get inside his world. Sometimes I feel that way. Sometimes I can squeak in through play and activity, but today just wasn't one of those days. Out of the blue at dinner he asked me about something we hadn't even discussed for at least three days. He's a thinker.
Briggs absolutely goes crazy for headbands or hats. He gets so giddy and tries to tear them off. It's a great spectacle. Once off, I'll rub my head on his belly and inevitably get his gutteral, hillarious belly laugh going. I love that laugh!
We didn't do much today, but did go shopping for a bit. The boys were good and I remember leaving the grocery store thinking - my boys are pretty good kids. No crying when I refused to buy the potato chips - and really, now that I think about it, there wasn't even asking for the potato chips. And M picked up several things that were down on the floor when they should have been on the shelf. Yes, he did get a treat, but rather it was a quart of juice. His thought of a treat, so I went with it. Hey, I love juice too.
Comments